What Are You Struggling With?
Maligators provides professional dog training in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, and surrounding Pinellas County, Florida areas.
At Maligators Dog Training, we believe in the loving and lasting relationship between a dog and their owner. We want to help restore and maintain that special bond through our unique balanced style training methods that will help your pup become more obedient and confident. With our pro certified dog and puppy trainers, you can be sure your furry friend will be in the best hands possible. Our trainers go out of their way to become personalized with each dog they train to create a trusting bond that will allow training to be more successful and productive overall.
We pride ourselves on being able to help any dog no matter the age, size, breed or temperament. Whether you have a new puppy, a dog who needs a refresher or a canine with behavioral issues. We are here to help along the way. We offer a variety of different programs to allow you to choose what plan works best with you and your dog. Our trainers will be able to guide you to gain control of your dog allowing you to have the best possible relationship with them.
Schedule your free phone consultation 727-378-2220.
Dog Training Programs
Board and Train
Our Board & Train program is our most popular option of all our curriculums, it’s designed for owners who just don’t have enough time in the day to train their dogs or may be going out of town for an extended period of time.
During Board & Train, your pup will stay with us at our home Scenario Based training facility. Where we will be promoting their best behavior while teaching them new skills and commands. Once this training is over, we would show you how to continue and encourage this behavior at home, creating the most successful results.
Why Choose Our Board & Train Program?
- You need dog or puppy training, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to go to multiple classes or spend extended amounts of time at a training facility.
- You’ve tried training in the past and found it to be unsuccessful or far too difficult to complete on your own.
- You may be going out of town and want to know your dog is the best hands possible while freshening up their obedience skills.
Want to bring out the best in your dog? Contact us today to set up a free consultation!
Our Private Training Lessons are designed for owners who want to be fully involved with their dog’s behavioral progress. While your pup is learning new obedience skills, you’ll be learning right alongside them on how to effectively continue this training at home.
These lessons are also completely individualized and customized to your dog or puppy’s specific needs and any goals you’d like to set. We walk you through a program that will last a lifetime for your dog!
Thinking About Private One-On-One Lessons?
- They’re great for owners who want to be well-informed on how to encourage their canine’s best behavior.
- As your dog progresses, you can take pride in knowing you helped them achieve that level of confidence and obedience.
Want to get personal with your pup’s progress? Contact us today to get started with a free evaluation!
For Puppies 5 Months and under
Let us help to make sure your new puppy is off to the right start. This program teaches the puppy to engage with the owner and makes the training fun. Using food and positive luring techniques we teach the puppy the skills needed so we can successfully integrate them into the household and give you the confidence and peace of mind knowing that we will help you every step of the way.
- 5 Private Lessons PLUS
- Place Cot & 15′ Leash
- Lifetime support via Phone/Email
- Lessons are held in home or in public areas. Lessons go for about an hour and are every two weeks
- Using food luring technique
- Wait at Doors
- Leave It
- Hand Signals
- No Jumping
- No Play Biting
- House Training and Crate Training Info
- No Digging
- No Barketing
- Destructive Chewing
Our Group Classes are offered with all of our obedience training plans. Your dog must first complete a Board & Train program or at least 2 Private Lessons to qualify.
Group Classes are a way to advance your dog’s obedience and social skills while being around severe distractions. If any new problems happen to arise during a Group Class, we will address it on the spot with no extra fees or commitments.
Why Group Classes Would Be Great For You:
- You want your dog to advance their already well-behaved manner and obedience with real-world distractions.
- You want to meet other dog owners who are just as passionate about their pup’s progress as you are.
Contact us today to learn how Group Classes could be beneficial for your canine companion.
Board and Review
Our Board and Review program is for clients who have already completed our Board and Train program or Private Lessons. It’s best for owners who may be going on vacation and want their dog’s training skills to be fine-tuned while they’re away. During your pup’s time at our Board and Review program, they’ll be under the constant supervision at our Scenario-based Training Facility. They’ll be able to experience playtime with other dogs along with daily exercise sessions that’ll keep their social and obedience skills in check.
Why Board and Review is an Excellent Option:
- You can rest at ease knowing that while you’re out of town, your dog is having fun while getting a refresher on their already great obedience skills.
- Your dog will get to learn some more advanced skills they can show off to you.
Ensure your dog is in safe hands while you’re away by contacting us today!
AKC Canine Good Citizen™
The AKC Canine Good Citizen™ (CGC) program provides a perfect framework for training your dog to become a polite member of society. The 10 test items on the CGC test are practical, functional behaviors that every dog should have to be welcomed in the community. We can practice the skills needed at the private lessons or at our weekly group classes.
- Test 1: Accepting a friendly stranger
- Test 2: Sitting politely for petting
- Test 3: Appearance and grooming
- Test 4: Out for a walk (walking on a loose lead)
- Test 5: Walking through a crowd
- Test 6: Sit and down on cue and stay in place
- Test 7: Coming when called
- Test 8: Reaction to another dog
- Test 9: Reaction to distraction
- Test 10: Supervised separation
Testimonials & Reviews
Scared 4yo rescue went 2 Board & Train afraid of everything (ppl, being outside, going on walks, cars, butterflies, etc). This was our last resort to give him the life he deserved after trying a dog behaviorist, prescription anxiety meds, in home 1:1 dog training (not Maligators), smothering him w love, buying holistic dog anxiety
Christina and Joe are absolutely the best! We moved from a house to a condo and needed to get our 7 year-old miniature schnauzer Haddi Mae training in order to walk on a leash and minimize barking around others. Maligators more than exceeded our expectations. From the boarding process, to dealing with Haddi’s medications, to
After struggling with our almost 2 year corgi, Darby, for several months we decided to call in the big dogs. Christina & Joe are awesome. From the very beginning, they were happy to answer our many, many questions & calm our nerves. They helped us decided what package might be best for our situation since